Boris M. Menin PhD, MSc
Boris M. Menin PhD, MSc.
9 Yakov Efrat St. Beer-Sheva, 84642 Israel
Phone: +972 (0) 8 642 1803
Mobile: +972 (0) 50 22 05 234
E-mail: [email protected]
Mechanical & Refrigeration Consultant Expert, since 2009
Analysis of energy efficiency of refrigeration equipment to buildings and industry, Design and development cooling systems for food plants, TESS for AC of buildings and small office, refrigeration equipment for fish freezing, storage, beverage coolers;
Crytec LTD. CTO, 1999-2008 (deputy CEO 2004-2008)
Design, development and exploitation of Wiped Surface Crystallizers (US patent serial # 6,305,189; 2001) for food, fish and agriculture industries, supermarkets, thermal storage systems, ice-cream, frozen beverages and cold beverage’s production, treatment of waste waters; testing different kinds of coating for ice production; CE certificate getting; QA introduction; UL certificate document set preparation; adaption ice maker’s technical characteristics to marketing analysis’s results; Serial Production line Installation and Management;
ONTEC LTD. Director of Department of Research and Development. 1992-1998
Design, construction and testing of Industrial Liquid Ice Generators (US patent # 5,383,342 - 1995) used in food industry, air conditioning and thermal storage systems. Development and testing of commercial beverage coolers (US patent 5,970,732 - 1999) Design and testing of Industrial Whipped Ice Generators (US patent #6,119,467-1999)
OFAKIM CENTER OF TECHNOLOGY.
Ofakim, Israel 1990-1991 Development of Ice Blasting Unit for Surface Treatment Evaluation and verification of new Soviet patents and technologies
FISHING INDUSTRY FLEET STATE
RESEARCH AND PROJECT CORPORATION.
Director of Freezing Units Department, 1977-1989,
Design and construction of industrial flake ice generators. Development of vertical and horizontal plate freezers for marine and food industry. Modeling of heat transfer in frozen products and freezers. Purifying of natural and waste waters by cooling treatment (US patent # 4,789,407 - 1988)
FIELDS OF SPECIFICATION
1. Thin layer solidification of paste and stuffing products in industrial drum freezers.
2. Design and construction of flake and liquid ice generators for food and chemical industry.
3. Thermal storage systems based on pumpable ice technology.
4. Development of horizontal and vertical freezers.
5. Development and testing of beer and juice dispensers.
6. Instruments and methods of temperature measurements in frozen products.
7. Usefulness of phase change technologies, including surface cleaning techniques; treatment of waste waters; cryo-concentration of juice, beer, wine; desalination of sea water.
8. Industrial testing of freezers and ice makers
9. Research system of methods for technical level calculation of different industrial freezing equipment.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
1. Marine Flake Ice Generators, Liquid Ice Generators, Industrial Plate and Drum Freezers, Cooling Machine for Marine Fish, food cooling industry, beverage, beer and juice Dispensers.
2. New Phase Change Technologies Including Water Ice Blasting and Treatment of Waste Waters
3. Thermal Storage System
4. Heat and Mass Transfer in Foods (Fish, Meat Paste, Dairy)
- R&D, design of ice making, beverage cooling equipment;
- develop product requirements, work with European R$D programs (Eureka, FP6-Chill-on, including cooling chain and manufacturing improvement, business processes optimization, product development and launch, strategic rationalization);
- planning of food cooling plants as well as their construction, engineering, QA and management of such projects;
- energy efficiency of HVAC, including feasibility analysis, design for clients;
- choosing thermal energy storage systems configuration;
- computer skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and navigating the Internet;
- marketing flake and liquid ice makers, industrial chillers and home beverage coolers;
- business development with European, US and Japan partners
1. Member of ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers)
2. Member of SEEEI ( Society of Electrical & Electronics Engineers in Israel)
3. Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
3 books (2 books – on Russian, 1 book – on English, “Drum freezers: computer simulation and applications. Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany, December 2014, 84 p.), 10 patents (including five US patents), 4 Soviet author patent certifications, 32 scientific papers, 1 paper in Wikipedia, 1 paper in Википедия (Russian)
1. 2006–2008Chilled Transport and Storage – Supporting technologies, Task 3.1 Development of “Bubble Slurry Ice” Technology. Grant from EU R&D FP6 program, “Chill-On”, 680,000 €
2. 2005 – 2006 Development of Compact Wiped Surface Crystallizer Systems. Grant from EUREKA, integrated project of EU and Chief Scientist Office of Israel’s Ministry of Industry, 998,000 NIS.
3. Development of a Device for Crystallization and separation by the volumetric cooling of liquid. Grant from Chief Scientist Office of Israel’s Ministry of Industry, 147,000 $US